Friday, February 13, 2009

We are going to be STYLIN!

Yesterday was craft day for the Bayou Mamas, so we all made matching t-shirts to wear to the Mardi Gras parades on Fat Tuesday. We decided to give each other "indian names" based on inside jokes we have. I am Mama Choking Acorn. Here's the story behind that one, since I'm sure everyone is wondering on that one. When we first moved here, I joined MOMS club. Well, that went south and I created my own club with Emily - thus Bayou Mamas. Anyway, when I was airing my grievances with the old club, I told the Pres and VP that I didn't like the park they went to because my 9 month old child was crawling and picked up acorns and I kept pulling them out of her mouth, which didn't make for a relaxing park experience. Anyway, the VP emailed that if I couldn't TRUST my child not to eat acorns, maybe I just shouldn't come to their park days. Haha...right, trust my 9 month old not to stick everything under the sun in her mouth. Anyway, my name is a last jab at them! My fellow mamas are Mama Likey de Firewater (Emily - pretty self-explanatory), Mama Missing in Mississippi (Tonya who hardly ever stays in NOLA since she's always going home to see her parents), Mama Crackberry (Stephanie who is ADDICTED to her blackberry) and Mama with the .40 (Julie who is a cop). We are going to add feather boas to our t-shirts to complete the look. Also, we created really awesome foam koozies.

Here's a picture of our t-shirts. I'll be sure to post LOTS of pictures of us in them in a couple weeks!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those t-shirts are AWESOME!!!! Great job!