Thursday, March 14, 2013

Princess Stories

Lately Elle has started really watching and paying attention to the princess movies. She's always liked playing with the princesses, but now that she is watching the movies she is really starting to figure out their stories.

This morning she told me "Cinderella dances wif da prince and den she loses her shoe!" Then she wanted to put on her Cinderella dress and shoes and act it out for me.

This afternoon had been all about Rapunzel. (Spoiler alert if you do not live in princess land and have not seen the movie). "Why Flynn Wyder cut her hair? Why mommy?" I explain in detail about how Rapinzel's hair is magic and Mother Gothel had kept Rapunzel in prison to use her magic and when Flynn cuts her hair, her magic goes away and Mother Gothel turns to dust and then Rapunzel can live in her kingdom as the princess. "But what about her tiara?" I explain she still wears one with her short brown hair. "But WHY Flynn Wyder cut her hair? To make yikes go away?" I answer yes! "I no cut my hair!" Well ok then.

And on one final princess note, I have finally convinced her to let me pull her hair up halfway. I call it her "Belle hair" and she's totally into it.

No comments: