Friday, October 23, 2009

Pumpkin Painting, Freezer Paper Stencils and Cooking!

We've been busy with crafting this week (not that it's that much different than any OTHER week). Here's what we did this week!

I discovered the art of freezer paper stenciling, which was really easy and Scarlett's shirt turned out super cute!! The hardest part of it all was just sitting there to exacto-knife out my design in the freezer paper. Haha...of course I picked a hard one to start! Here's the finished product!

Want to try one yourself? Here's the tutorial I used:
Freezer paper tutorial
And the stencil I used:
Mum stencil

Scarlett has been busy "cooking" this week.
She's keeping pots and pans at her princess table to "fix dinner" while I do. It's usually pouring water between bowls, but this morning she decided to "fix" her fruit that I cut up for her for breakfast.

Yesterday we went to a pumpkin painting party with the Moms Club. Scarlett had a blast painting her pumpkin. Such a masterpiece :)

Here she is painting with her friend Daphne. Of course I did bring my camera (even went back by here to get it), then left it in the car. Sorry for the poor quality - the iphone can only do so much!


Here she is showing it off
And now she's "cooking" it. A little bit of juice...And it's ready to eat!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

cute, cute shirt...that girl definitely needs her own kitchen!

Court said...

I'm very impressed with the freezer paper/stencil deal! How fun! And just like the person said on the tutorial, I have so many shirts with little stains on them, Now I can cover them up. Fun fun!