It's cold again. I really hate how the weather teases you with 70-80 degree park days, then all the sudden it drops into the 50's. Yuck! I guess at least we don't have snow here!
We started up potty training again and so far it's going really well. Scarlett seems to have the hang of it and I think with a little more practice she'll REALLY be good to go. We're having minimal accidents (centered around dinner time when I'm busy and not paying attention to when she needs to go) and she's stopping herself before we have a big mess on our hands. I decided hermit potty training was not the way to go, so we do panties in the morning and evening and pull ups while we go out for playdates and for nap time. Wish me luck and hopefully we'll be in panties full time soon!
Last week I went to open house for school for Scarlett. Hard to believe she's old enough for that! I was nervous about sending her, but after meeting the teachers and seeing the classroom I'm really excited! She'll be starting out going 3 days a week for 3 hours a day. The school is St. Philip Neri - a Catholic school that's PreK 2- 7th grade, so hopefully this will be the school she stays at for our entire duration in NOLA. Starting this fall she gets to look forward to art projects, music, centers, outdoor playtime and even enrichment activities. Depending on the day of the week they do PE, computer, Spanish, and library. I go to register her on the 24th so hope that all the Catholics don't fill up the spots before us non-Catholics get there!
The next few weeks are sure to be busy. Not sure if y'all have heard, but the Saints are in the Superbowl! Haha...that's all anyone can talk about down here! Just a couple short weeks away is Valentines Day and Fat Tuesday. Hoping for nice weather for the parades! Stay tuned for many more pictures and updates!
2 comments:
SCHOOL!?!?! OMG
Ha ha I just emailed you about the potty training and then figured I'd check your blog since you're so good about updating everyone on what's going on :) lol!
Post a Comment