Monday, August 23, 2010

First Week of School

The first week started a little rough, but ended up great! Monday Scarlett cried (just like every other screaming kid in that classroom) and they had to pull her in. When I picked her up, she went on and on about how she had fun and they sang songs and danced and she drew a picture and they had goldfish and juice. Tuesday was our worst day! She was SCREAMING when we got to the door, threw herself on the ground and the teacher had to pick her up and drag her in, only to have her throw up all over the floor because she got herself so worked up. They called me (I was still in the parking lot) to come and get her and I had to take her home in case it was a virus (it wasn't). We had Wednesday off. We went to Wal-Mart and Scarlett picked out a baby Ariel doll. We sat her on top of the fridge and kept telling her as soon as she was a big girl at school, she could have Ariel. There were a few complaints on Thursday, but we kept reminding her that if she was good she got Ariel. She made it all the way in the classroom before she started crying. I have to tell you, the scene made me want to cry too! Haha...20 screaming 2 year olds and only one teacher at that point. Yikes!! As soon as the teacher got to her to take her from me, Scarlett went willingly. When I picked her up, the teacher said she had an awesome day! She dried her tears quick in the morning and was happy all day. Friday there were no complaints, just gave me a quick kiss and walked in the class with no tears! She just loves it there. Every day she tells me how she had so much fun drawing pictures, singing songs, dancing, playing with the other kids, playing outside and always has a report on snacktime. She couldn't wait to get in the class this morning. She ran to the door and knocked herself, then as soon as that door was open she was running in and I was throwing her bag after her :o)

Here's some of her art work from the week:

They painted with shaving cream and food coloring. Scarlett said they painted her hands and it was pink and cold. She also said she put a snake on the picture.

Here's another of the coloring pages they did last week.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Scarlett is an up & coming artist. I'm glad she's loving to go to school now & hope it continues. Let's do a phone date soon...maybe next week??