Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Recipes

I have been making SO many new recipes lately.  Thanks pinterest!  Most of what I have made has turned out really good!  Even the girls have agreed.  It seems every night, Scarlett proclaims my dinner the BEST dinner I've ever made!  


Some of our new favorites:


2 ingredient Lemon Bars:
box of angel food cake mix 
1 can of lemon pie filling
Mix them together and bake in a 9x13 cake pan at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. As they are cooling, you can sprinkle with powder sugar if you wish (Which I guess technically makes this a 3-ingredient recipe).





Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps

1 lb ground beef
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
pepper and salt to taste
5 flour tortillas (the larger ones)
shredded cheddar cheese
sliced tomatoes
yellow mustard

Brown ground beef in large skillet and drain. Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, dried onion, and salt and pepper to the beef and simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle shredded cheese down center of each tortilla. Add a few heaping tablespoons of the beef mixture on top of the cheese. Spread some mustard on top of the beef (I skipped this) along with some slices of tomato. Roll up tortilla burrito-style and place wraps on preheated indoor grill (I used my panini press).  Grill about 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.  We served ketchup & mustard on the side for dipping.



Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme

6 large flour tortillas
6 small corn tortillas (or tortilla chips)
1 pound ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
sour cream
nacho cheese (or shredded Mexican blend cheese)
shredded lettuce
diced tomatoes

Brown ground beef in a skillet, then add taco seasoning (according to package directions). Set aside.

Bake the corn tortillas in the oven at 400 degrees for a couple of minutes, until they are golden and crunchy. (I bought some that were already crunchy)

Microwave the flour tortillas, one at a time (because they cool off quickly), for about 10 seconds to warm them up; this will make wrapping easier. You could also warm them up in the oven; just wrap them in aluminum foil and heat them up for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees.

Lay out the flour tortilla. Spoon some of the seasoned beef into the center of the tortilla. Top with some nacho cheese, or shredded cheese (I used shredded cheese). Place the crunchy corn tortilla on top of the cheese/beef; spread a dollop of sour cream on top of it, then toss on some diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce.

Starting with the bottom of the tortilla, fold the edge up to the center. Continue doing this in a clockwise or counter-clockwise movement until all of the tortilla is folded over, and the filling is entirely enclosed. If your filling isn't entirely enclosed and you have an open spot, simply cut out a circle from another flour tortilla and place it on the exposed area, then wrap the tortilla again. 

Spray a frying pan with cooking spray.  Carefully place the Crunchwrap, seam-side down, in the pan. Press with a spatula and cook on medium-low heat, for about 3 minutes, until the bottom is nice and brown. Flip it over and cook for another 3 minutes. Serve and enjoy :D


Let me just tell you that these crunchwraps were AMAZING.  I had my doubts because I'm not a big Taco Bell fan, but I was so wrong to even doubt!  Scarlett said this dinner was delicious and she wanted it every night.  


Undone Stuffed Pepper Casserole

1
lb.  lean ground beef
2
 green peppers, coarsely chopped
3
cloves  garlic, minced
2
cups  cooked long-grain white rice
1
jar  (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1-1/2
cups  KRAFT Shredded Italian* Five Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA, divided
HEAT oven to 350ºF.
BROWN meat with peppers and garlic in large skillet; drain. Stir in rice, spaghetti sauce and 3/4 cup cheese.
SPOON into 2-qt. casserole; top with remaining cheese.
BAKE 25 min. or until heated through.
We all loved the stuffed peppers too.  It wasn't overwhelmingly pepper-y.  Scarlett ate several bites before she even realized they were there.  Which of course that at point they are green and "yucky".  At one point I had Scarlett on one side of me eating everything BUT the peppers and Elle on the other side picking around her plate to only eat the peppers.  I think this would be good leftover too.  I didn't have a chance to find out because we ate it all (I halved the recipe for us).  

Hope everyone tries & enjoys these as much as we did!

No comments: