So first, Cameron's had a couple great accomplishments in dentistry in the past couple days. He successfully defended his thesis yesterday. Although he got some hard questions, his presentation went really well. All his committee members recommended him for honors! Today he got his WREB scores in the mail (that's the licensing exam he took a few weeks ago) and he passed with flying colors (which of course I knew he would!). So as soon as he graduates he'll be an officially licensed dentist! Yay for Cameron! We're all so proud :o) Here he is hard at work prepping for his presentation:
Scarlett had her first official sick visit to the doctor today. She woke up with an eye issue...all red and watery. I called the nurse line and they decided to bring her in to see the doctor since she's still so little. The doctor didn't think it was anything big, but since I supposedly have an eye infection (so says my optometrist at Pearle anyway...) he thought I may have passed something along to her, so he gave her some antibiotic eye ointment. She got her first dose tonight, and as you can imagine, giving a 5 month old eye ointment is NO FUN!! She has to continue it 3 times a day until her eye is better...which I hope is VERY VERY soon! Oh, and while we were at the doctor, I had her weighed. She's 16 lbs 6 1/2 ounces! She's gained about a pound this month (leveling off a little bit now - she had been gaining closer to 2 or 2 1/2 lbs a month for the past couple months).
Now, finally, a little bit on coming attractions from the Cavola household. Tomorrow is Scarlett's 5 month birthday. Hard to believe she's that old already! We'll be celebrating the occasion this weekend with her first cereal feeding! Stay tuned for stories and pictures of that! Here's a little taste of what's to come...Scarlett investigating the cereal box:
3 comments:
How exciting for Cameron!!!! BIG CONGRATS!! bryan said "very cool" so Bryan gives the thumbs up on Cameron passing with flying colors. Happy 5 months Scarlett - you big girl you!! :o) I hope the cereal feeding goes well and you don't wind up with cereal all in your hair, hehe.
If you open up the picture you can see the sweat beading up on Cameron's forehead. Yum.
CONGRATS to Cameron. I'm sure he feels a huge sense of relief. As always, love the cute picture of Scarlett. She's so ready for that ceral. I'll talk to you again after we get back in town!
Post a Comment