Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Elle's 3rd Birthday

Elle turned 3 on Monday! She was ready for the big day. She has been saying for awhile "I'm 2. I've been 2 a LONG time." Since her birthday was on a week day, daddy had to work, but the girls and I met Tonya, Grayson & Chloe at the zoo. That's what the birthday girl wanted to do. Luckily it was overcast with just a few sprinkles when we got there, so that spared us from the heat for about an hour. We picked up cupcakes to share at lunch.

 
 
That night we got Chipotle for dinner because Elle wanted "beans and rice and TOMATOES" (I had them dump 2 heaping spoonfuls of pico on our bowl). Then we came home and had cookie cake and presents!
 
Getting ready to open presents from mommy, daddy and Scarlett. These were her "doggy presents". As a bit of a backstory, a month or so ago she was wearing a shirt with a Boston terrier on it and told me "I want him for my pawty." So when I saw this wrapping paper at target in Charlotte I HAD to get it!
 
It's a Lego supermarket! Elle talks about getting stuff from the "supermarket" all the time. She must have gotten it from Bubble Guppies because we never say "supermarket".
 

And the last present was ROSIE! For months she has wanted a "Rosie" (Scarlett's stuffed animal that she got on our last trip to Disney). When you ask what she wants for her birthday, all she has said is "I want a Wosie for my pawty." I even have a video on my phone of her a couple months ago crying her eyes out in her bed sadly sniffling "I need a Wosie". Much to our delight, she was just as excited to open her as we had hoped. There was jumping and hugging and giggling "I got my Wosie!"

 
 

A very happy birthday girl (in new Ariel jammies).

 

Today was her 3 year old checkup. She's 33 lbs (75%) and 39 1/2 inches (90%). Other than needing an allergy appointment for that peanut test, she got a clean bill of health.

 

No comments: