I've tried some new recipes lately and thought I would share. Two days a week we don't get home until almost 6 (gymnastics) so I'm loving slow cooker stuff! The sliders were really easy and the girls loved them too. I love sloppy joes but wanted to try something a little more home made than manwich. These are amazing. We have had them several times. Putting the ground beef in raw freaked me out, but trust me, it works and it's so easy! I love this jambalaya recipe because of all the veggies and I can adjust the heat. The boxed stuff is just way too hot for the girls (and not as delicious as this one!). The jambalaya saves ok in the fridge for a day, but don't freeze it (the rice does not keep well). So without further ado...here they are. Hope you try and like them as much as we do! I halved all these recipes and it was the perfect amount for the 4 of us.
Easy Cheeseburger Sliders
Ingredients:
2 pounds, 93% lean ground sirloin
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs (I used plain and a little season salt)
3/4 cup chopped onions
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package (12-count) Kings Hawaiian sweet dinner rolls (or slider buns)
6 slices cheddar or American cheese
Directions:
Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, onion, and salt. Gently press mixture into a 9-by-13-inch pan so that it makes one large patty of even thickness. Use the tines of a fork to poke holes throughout the meat. Bake for 30 minutes. As it bakes, the meat will shrink away from the sides and liquid will accumulate around the edges of pan. When fully cooked, remove the pan from oven (keep oven turned on) and carefully drain off the liquid.
Top the meat with an even layer of sliced cheese; return pan to oven for about 2 minutes or until the cheese melts. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for a few minutes. Cut into 2-inch squares (or the size of the buns used), making 12 mini- hamburgers. Serve with dill pickle slices and ketchup. Serves 6 at 2 sliders each.
Ingredients:
1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut up into small pieces
1 lb andouille sausage, sliced (I just used smoked sausage)
1 28oz can diced tomatoes with juice
1 large onion, chopped
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
1 c chopped celery
1 c chicken broth
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried parsley
2 tsp Cajun seasoning (I used 1 tsp)
1 tsp cayenne pepper (I omitted this)
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 c instant rice
Directions:
Place all ingredients except rice in slow cooker. Cook on low for 7-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
Cook rice according to package instructions. Add rice, as desired, into each individual serving of jambalaya. Store rice separately from rest of stew.
*I added about 1/2 cup of chopped carrot the last time I made this.
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
Ingredients:
1+1/2 pound lean ground chuck (I used 93% lean)
15 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup ketchup
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon mustard (optional - I used about half a tbsp)
1-2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
1 tablespoon diced jalapeno (optional - I omitted)
8 hamburger buns, for serving
Directions:
Place raw* beef in slow cooker and break up with a beef chopper or large spoon. Pour all other ingredients over beef. Stir well to combine. Cover and cook on high, 3-4 hours or low, 6-7 hours.
Scoop out with slotted spoon onto buns. Serve hot and enjoy!
Makes 8
*Using lean ground chuck is crucial in this recipe because your meat will be terribly greasy cooking it this way if you use regular ground beef. However, if all you have is regular ground beef, simply brown it in a skillet ahead of time, add it to the slow cooker with all other ingredients, and cut cooking time in half.
No comments:
Post a Comment