Sunday, June 7, 2009

Long Weekend

Cameron and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary on Thursday and the fun extended through the weekend! Cameron took Step 1 of his medical boards on Friday, so Thursday was the day of relaxation before test day (and our actual anniversary). We took Scarlett downtown to the Children's Museum which was really neat. There were lots of exhibits, but Scarlett's favorite was the Winn Dixie kid sized grocery store. She spent lots of time shopping for produce. She had a basket full of corn (kept saying "corn, corn").
Sitting with daddy playing lincoln logs. I don't know what that look is, but it cracks me up!

They also had a huge toddler area with lots of these foam climbing blocks, slides, a kitchen, and tons more.
Cameron had his test on Friday. He says the experience was horrible (as I'm sure an 8 hour test would be). We won't know his score for another 6 weeks though. As soon as he was done we hopped in the car for our family vacation getaway weekend to Biloxi. It's only a little over an hour drive, so perfect for a quick trip. We stayed in the Beau Rivage casino, which was really nice. They had a big pool and it was right by the beach. On Saturday morning we got up and headed over to the beach. Scarlett was NOT liking it to begin with. She would not put her feet in the sand. She kept crying and saying "shoes" because she thought her feet were getting dirty.

After some coaxing, I got her to sit on a towel and play in the sand
It didn't take long for her to warm up and decide to run around in the sand.
She LOVED the water! If it hadn't been for the jellyfish, she probably would have stayed in there for quite awhile! The jellyfish were all over. I was too scared she would get stung if she stayed in (and that definitely would have ruined the only full day we had there!).

After the beach we came back to the hotel for lunch and a nap!And then we were off to the pool for a little while. It was really nice, but there was a ton of people there!! Scarlett didn't last long in the water before she started shivering. It has been raining a lot lately which cooled things off a bit and with the breeze off the water, it was a little chilly. We sat in our chairs poolside and enjoyed a few frozen adult beverages, then headed in to dinner.



We got changed and headed down to the buffet (I mean, we WERE staying in a casino after all!). The food was good and Scarlett got a plate full of her favorites - mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, baked chicken, broccoli and cheese and of course, corn.
Today was our last day, so we got up, got packed and headed down to brunch before making the drive home. Here's Scarlett in the lobby, waiting on our table at the cafe.
It was a very good weekend, but tomorrow is back to reality! Cameron heads back to the hospital for 3 more weeks on service for his intern year. We're happy to be home and in our own beds though. Scarlett is sleeping in her big girl bed tonight! Stay tuned for how that goes...

3 comments:

Colin Dunlop said...

Of course she's got that face playing with Lincoln Logs. Remember how scared I was of them?
It's only natural that it runs in the family.

Sarah said...

Why are you guys so scared of Lincoln Logs? I loved them! My children will definitely have them so I can relive my childhood too!

Court said...

I'm curious about the whole lincoln log thing too, you weird people! ;o) Love the day by day play with pictures!