Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The rest of our weekend

After our fun Saturday morning, we dropped Cameron at the airport. He headed to Chicago to do research (a graduation requirement!). Sunday started out a bit rough as I had some allergic nightmare going on where I could not stop sneezing and my nose dripped all day (luckily whatever it was went away Sunday night). Elle woke up with a fever which we first thought was the return of an ear infection but we found out on Monday was some sort of "fever virus" (it only cost me a doctor's visit fee and 2 hours of my time for that diagnosis).

My poor baby. She kept saying "I cold! I need my bwankie."

 

But in between the sick (and extra naps for Elle), I set Scarlett up with her first little sewing project. She had a blast with it. I traced a picture she drew it school onto a piece of fabric and let her loose with a needle and thread. She kept going on about how FUN it was and she wants to be a person that sews things when she grows up.

 
Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that when Elle was napping, I was also the lucky audience member to the "National Fairy Show". I didn't ever get to see the show, but I did get a full rundown of show times, ticket prices and meal offerings. I got the announcements about the show starting in 5 minutes and some warnings about no flash photography, but still no actual show. Elle finally woke up and they decided to do "princess pirouettes" instead.
 

 

No comments: